Cantares de Salomão - EN/PT

Song of Solomon 1

1 The song of Songs, which is Solomon’s.
1 Cântico de cânticos, que é de Salomão.

2 Let him give me the kisses of his mouth: for his love is better than wine.
2 Beije-me ele com os beijos da sua boca; porque melhor é o seu amor do que o vinho.
3 Sweet is the smell of your perfumes; your name is as perfume running out; so the young girls give you their love.
3 Para cheirar são bons os teus ungüentos; como ungüento derramado é o teu nome; por isso, as virgens te amam.
4 Take me to you, and we will go after you: the king has taken me into his house. We will be glad and full of joy in you, we will give more thought to your love than to wine: rightly are they your lovers.
4 Leva-me tu, correremos após ti. O rei me introduziu nas suas recâmaras. Em ti nos regozijaremos e nos alegraremos; do teu amor nos lembraremos, mais do que do vinho; os retos te amam.
5 I am dark, but fair of form, O daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
5 Eu sou morena e agradável, ó filhas de Jerusalém, como as tendas de Quedar, como as cortinas de Salomão.
6 Let not your eyes be turned on me, because I am dark, because I was looked on by the sun; my mother’s children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vine-gardens; but my vine-garden I have not kept.
6 Não olheis para o eu ser morena, porque o sol resplandeceu sobre mim. Os filhos de minha mãe se indignaram contra mim e me puseram por guarda de vinhas; a vinha que me pertence não guardei.
7 Say, O love of my soul, where you give food to your flock, and where you make them take their rest in the heat of the day; why have I to be as one wandering by the flocks of your friends?
7 Dize-me, ó tu, a quem ama a minha alma: onde apascentas o teu rebanho, onde o recolhes pelo meio-dia, pois por que razão seria eu como a que erra ao pé dos rebanhos de teus companheiros?
8 If you have not knowledge, O most beautiful among women, go on your way in the footsteps of the flock, and give your young goats food by the tents of the keepers.
8 Se tu o não sabes, ó mais formosa entre as mulheres, sai-te pelas pisadas das ovelhas e apascenta as tuas cabras junto às moradas dos pastores.
9 I have made a comparison of you, O my love, to a horse in Pharaoh’s carriages.
9 Às éguas dos carros de Faraó te comparo, ó amiga minha.
10 Your face is a delight with rings of hair, your neck with chains of jewels.
10 Agradáveis são as tuas faces entre os teus enfeites, o teu pescoço com os colares.
11 We will make you chains of gold with ornaments of silver.
11 Enfeites de ouro te faremos, com pregos de prata.
12 While the king is seated at his table, my spices send out their perfume.
12 Enquanto o rei está assentado à sua mesa, dá o meu nardo o seu cheiro.
13 As a bag of myrrh is my well-loved one to me, when he is at rest all night between my breasts.
13 O meu amado é para mim um ramalhete de mirra; morará entre os meus seios.
14 My love is to me as a branch of the cypress-tree in the vine-gardens of En-gedi.
14 Como um cacho de Chipre nas vinhas de En-Gedi, é para mim o meu amado.
15 See, you are fair, my love, you are fair; you have the eyes of a dove.
15 Eis que és formosa, ó amiga minha, eis que és formosa; os teus olhos são como os das pombas.
16 See, you are fair, my loved one, and a pleasure; our bed is green.
16 Eis que és gentil e agradável, ó amado meu; o nosso leito é viçoso.
17 Cedar-trees are the pillars of our house; and our boards are made of fir-trees.
17 As traves da nossa casa são de cedro, as nossas varandas, de cipreste.

Song of Solomon 2

1 I am a rose of Sharon, a flower of the valleys.
1 Eu sou a rosa de Sarom, o lírio dos vales.
2 As the lily-flower among the thorns of the waste, so is my love among the daughters.
2 Qual o lírio entre os espinhos, tal é a minha amiga entre as filhas.
3 As the apple-tree among the trees of the wood, so is my loved one among the sons. I took my rest under his shade with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
3 Qual a macieira entre as árvores do bosque, tal é o meu amado entre os filhos; desejo muito a sua sombra e debaixo dela me assento; e o seu fruto é doce ao meu paladar.
4 He took me to the house of wine, and his flag over me was love.
4 Levou-me à sala do banquete, e o seu estandarte em mim era o amor.
5 Make me strong with wine-cakes, let me be comforted with apples; I am overcome with love.
5 Sustentai-me com passas, confortai-me com maçãs, porque desfaleço de amor.
6 His left hand is under my head, and his right hand is round about me.
6 A sua mão esquerda esteja debaixo da minha cabeça, e a sua mão direita me abrace.
7 I say to you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes of the field, do not let love be moved till it is ready.
7 Conjuro-vos, ó filhas de Jerusalém, pelas gazelas e cervas do campo, que não acordeis nem desperteis o meu amor, até que queira.
8 The voice of my loved one! See, he comes dancing on the mountains, stepping quickly on the hills.
8 Esta é a voz do meu amado; ei-lo aí, que já vem saltando sobre os montes, pulando sobre os outeiros.
9 My loved one is like a roe; see, he is on the other side of our wall, he is looking in at the windows, letting himself be seen through the spaces.
9 O meu amado é semelhante ao gamo ou ao filho do corço; eis que está detrás da nossa parede, olhando pelas janelas, reluzindo pelas grades.
10 My loved one said to me, Get up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
10 O meu amado fala e me diz: Levanta-te, amiga minha, formosa minha, e vem.
11 For, see, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
11 Porque eis que passou o inverno: a chuva cessou e se foi.
12 The flowers are come on the earth; the time of cutting the vines is come, and the voice of the dove is sounding in our land;
12 Aparecem as flores na terra, o tempo de cantar chega, e a voz da rola ouve-se em nossa terra.
13 The fig-tree puts out her green fruit and the vines with their young fruit give a good smell. Get up from your bed, my beautiful one, and come away.
13 A figueira já deu os seus figuinhos, e as vides em flor exalam o seu aroma. Levanta-te, amiga minha, formosa minha, e vem.
14 O my dove, you are in the holes of the mountain sides, in the cracks of the high hills; let me see your face, let your voice come to my ears; for sweet is your voice, and your face is fair.
14 Pomba minha, que andas pelas fendas das penhas, no oculto das ladeiras, mostra-me a tua face, faze-me ouvir a tua voz, porque a tua voz é doce, e a tua face, aprazível.
15 Take for us the foxes, the little foxes, which do damage to the vines; our vines have young grapes.
15 Apanhai-me as raposas, as raposinhas, que fazem mal às vinhas, porque as nossas vinhas estão em flor.
16 My loved one is mine, and I am his: he takes his food among the flowers.
16 O meu amado é meu, e eu sou dele; ele apascenta o seu rebanho entre os lírios.
17 Till the evening comes, and the sky slowly becomes dark, come, my loved one, and be like a roe on the mountains of Bether.
17 Antes que refresque o dia e caiam as sombras, volta, amado meu; faze-te semelhante ao gamo ou ao filho dos corços sobre os montes de Beter.

Song of Solomon 3

1 By night on my bed I was looking for him who is the love of my soul: I was looking for him, but I did not see him.
1 De noite busquei em minha cama aquele a quem ama a minha alma; busquei-o e não o achei.
2 I will get up now and go about the town, in the streets and in the wide ways I will go after him who is the love of my soul: I went after him, but I did not see him.
2 Levantar-me-ei, pois, e rodearei a cidade; pelas ruas e pelas praças buscarei aquele a quem ama a minha alma; busquei-o e não o achei.
3 The watchmen who go about the town came by me; to them I said, Have you seen him who is my heart’s desire?
3 Acharam-me os guardas, que rondavam pela cidade; eu perguntei-lhes: Vistes aquele a quem ama a minha alma?
4 I was but a little way from them, when I came face to face with him who is the love of my soul. I took him by the hands, and did not let him go, till I had taken him into my mother’s house, and into the room of her who gave me birth.
4 Apartando-me eu um pouco deles, logo achei aquele a quem ama a minha alma; detive-o, até que o introduzi em casa de minha mãe, na câmara daquela que me gerou.
5 I say to you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes of the field, let not love be moved till it is ready.
5 Conjuro-vos, ó filhas de Jerusalém, pelas gazelas e cervas do campo, que não acordeis nem desperteis o meu amor, até que queira.
6 Who is this coming out of the waste places like pillars of smoke, perfumed with sweet spices, with all the spices of the trader?
6 Quem é esta que sobe do deserto, como colunas de fumaça, perfumada de mirra, de incenso e de toda a sorte de pós aromáticos?
7 See, it is the bed of Solomon; sixty men of war are about it, of the army of Israel,
7 Eis que é a liteira de Salomão; sessenta valentes estão ao redor dela, dos valentes de Israel.
8 All of them armed with swords, trained in war; every man has his sword at his side, because of fear in the night.
8 Todos armados de espadas, destros na guerra; cada um com a sua espada à cinta, por causa dos temores noturnos.
9 King Solomon made himself a bed of the wood of Lebanon.
9 O rei Salomão fez para si um palanquim de madeira do Líbano.
10 He made its pillars of silver, its base of gold, its seat of purple, the middle of it of ebony.
10 Fez-lhe as colunas de prata, o estrado de ouro, o assento de púrpura, o interior revestido com amor pelas filhas de Jerusalém.
11 Go out, O daughters of Jerusalem, and see King Solomon, with the crown which his mother put on his head on the day when he was married, and on the day of the joy of his heart.
11 Saí, ó filhas de Sião, e contemplai o rei Salomão com a coroa com que o coroou sua mãe no dia do seu desposório e no dia do júbilo do seu coração.

Song of Solomon 4

1 See, you are fair, my love, you are fair; you have the eyes of a dove; your hair is as a flock of goats, which take their rest on the side of Gilead.
1 Eis que és formosa, amiga minha, eis que és formosa; os teus olhos são como os das pombas entre as tuas tranças, o teu cabelo é como o rebanho de cabras que pastam no monte de Gileade.
2 Your teeth are like a flock of sheep whose wool is newly cut, which come up from the washing; every one has two lambs, and there is not one without young.
2 Os teus dentes são como o rebanho das ovelhas tosquiadas, que sobem do lavadouro, e das quais todas produzem gêmeos, e nenhuma há estéril entre elas.
3 Your red lips are like a bright thread, and your mouth is fair of form; the sides of your head are like pomegranate fruit under your veil.
3 Os teus lábios são como um fio de escarlata, e o teu falar é doce; a tua fronte é qual pedaço de romã entre as tuas tranças.
4 Your neck is like the tower of David made for a store-house of arms, in which a thousand breastplates are hanging, breastplates for fighting-men.
4 O teu pescoço é como a torre de Davi, edificada para pendurar armas; mil escudos pendem dela, todos broquéis de valorosos.
5 Your two breasts are like two young roes of the same birth, which take their food among the lilies.
5 Os teus dois peitos são como dois filhos gêmeos da gazela, que se apascentam entre os lírios.
6 Till the evening comes, and the sky slowly becomes dark, I will go to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense.
6 Antes que refresque o dia e caiam as sombras, irei ao monte da mirra e ao outeiro do incenso.
7 You are all fair, my love; there is no mark on you.
7 Tu és toda formosa, amiga minha, e em ti não há mancha.
8 Come with me from Lebanon, my bride, with me from Lebanon; see from the top of Amana, from the top of Senir and Hermon, from the places of the lions, from the mountains of the leopards.
8 Vem comigo do Líbano, minha esposa, vem comigo do Líbano; olha desde o cume de Amana, desde o cume de Senir e de Hermom, desde as moradas dos leões, desde os montes dos leopardos.
9 You have taken away my heart, my sister, my bride; you have taken away my heart, with one look you have taken it, with one chain of your neck!
9 Tiraste-me o coração, minha irmã, minha esposa; tiraste-me o coração com um dos teus olhos, com um colar do teu pescoço.
10 How fair is your love, my sister! How much better is your love than wine, and the smell of your oils than any perfume!
10 Que belos são os teus amores, irmã minha! Ó esposa minha! Quanto melhores são os teus amores do que o vinho! E o aroma dos teus bálsamos do que o de todas as especiarias!
11 Your lips are dropping honey; honey and milk are under your tongue; and the smell of your clothing is like the smell of Lebanon.
11 Favos de mel manam dos teus lábios, minha esposa! Mel e leite estão debaixo da tua língua, e o cheiro das tuas vestes é como o cheiro do Líbano.
12 A garden walled-in is my sister, my bride; a garden shut up, a spring of water stopped.
12 Jardim fechado és tu, irmã minha, esposa minha, manancial fechado, fonte selada.
13 The produce of the garden is pomegranates; with all the best fruits, henna and spikenard,
13 Os teus renovos são um pomar de romãs, com frutos excelentes: o cipreste e o nardo,
14 Spikenard and safron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices.
14 o nardo e o açafrão, o cálamo e a canela, com toda a sorte de árvores de incenso, a mirra e aloés, com todas as principais especiarias.
15 You are a fountain of gardens, a spring of living waters, and flowing waters from Lebanon.
15 És a fonte dos jardins, poço das águas vivas, que correm do Líbano!
16 Be awake, O north wind; and come, O south, blowing on my garden, so that its spices may come out. Let my loved one come into his garden, and take of his good fruits.
16 Levanta-te, vento norte, e vem tu, vento sul; assopra no meu jardim, para que se derramem os seus aromas. Ah! Se viesse o meu amado para o seu jardim, e comesse os seus frutos excelentes!

Song of Solomon 5

1 I have come into my garden, my sister, my bride; to take my myrrh with my spice; my wax with my honey; my wine with my milk. Take meat, O friends; take wine, yes, be overcome with love.
1 Já vim para o meu jardim, irmã minha, minha esposa; colhi a minha mirra com a minha especiaria, comi o meu favo com o meu mel, bebi o meu vinho com o meu leite. Comei, amigos, bebei abundantemente, ó amados.
2 I am sleeping, but my heart is awake; it is the sound of my loved one at the door, saying, Be open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my very beautiful one; my head is wet with dew, and my hair with the drops of the night.
2 Eu dormia, mas o meu coração velava; eis a voz do meu amado, que estava batendo: Abre-me, irmã minha, amiga minha, pomba minha, minha imaculada, porque a minha cabeça está cheia de orvalho, os meus cabelos, das gotas da noite.
3 I have put off my coat; how may I put it on? My feet are washed; how may I make them unclean?
3 Já despi as minhas vestes; como as tornarei a vestir? Já lavei os meus pés; como os tornarei a sujar?
4 My loved one put his hand on the door, and my heart was moved for him.
4 O meu amado meteu a sua mão pela fresta da porta, e o meu coração estremeceu por amor dele.
5 I got up to let my loved one in; and my hands were dropping with myrrh, and my fingers with liquid myrrh, on the lock of the door.
5 Eu me levantei para abrir ao meu amado, e as minhas mãos destilavam mirra, e os meus dedos gotejavam mirra sobre as aldravas da fechadura.
6 I made the door open to my loved one; but my loved one had taken himself away, and was gone, my soul was feeble when his back was turned on me; I went after him, but I did not come near him; I said his name, but he gave me no answer.
6 Eu abri ao meu amado, mas já o meu amado se tinha retirado e se tinha ido; a minha alma tinha-se derretido quando ele falara; busquei-o e não o achei; chamei-o, e não me respondeu.
7 The keepers who go about the town overtook me; they gave me blows and wounds; the keepers of the walls took away my veil from me.
7 Acharam-me os guardas que rondavam pela cidade, espancaram-me e feriram-me; tiraram-me o meu manto os guardas dos muros.
8 I say to you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if you see my loved one, what will you say to him? That I am overcome with love.
8 Conjuro-vos, ó filhas de Jerusalém, que, se achardes o meu amado, lhe digais que estou enferma de amor.
9 What is your loved one more than another, O fairest among women? What is your loved one more than another, that you say this to us?
9 Que é o teu amado mais do que outro amado, ó tu, a mais formosa entre as mulheres? Que é o teu amado mais do que outro amado, que tanto nos conjuraste.
10 My loved one is white and red, the chief among ten thousand.
10 O meu amado é cândido e rubicundo; ele traz a bandeira entre dez mil.
11 His head is as the most delicate gold; his hair is thick, and black as a raven.
11 A sua cabeça é como o ouro mais apurado, os seus cabelos são crespos, pretos como o corvo.
12 His eyes are as the eyes of doves by the water streams, washed with milk, and rightly placed.
12 Os seus olhos são como os das pombas junto às correntes das águas, lavados em leite, postos em engaste.
13 His face is as beds of spices, giving out perfumes of every sort; his lips like lilies, dropping liquid myrrh.
13 As suas faces são como um canteiro de bálsamo, como colinas de ervas aromáticas; os seus lábios são como lírios que gotejam mirra.
14 His hands are as rings of gold ornamented with beryl-stones; his body is as a smooth plate of ivory covered with sapphires.
14 As suas mãos são como anéis de ouro que têm engastadas as turquesas; o seu ventre, como alvo marfim, coberto de safiras.
15 His legs are as pillars of stone on a base of delicate gold; his looks are as Lebanon, beautiful as the cedar-tree.
15 As suas pernas, como colunas de mármore, fundadas sobre bases de ouro puro; o seu aspecto, como o Líbano, excelente como os cedros.
16 His mouth is most sweet; yes, he is all beautiful. This is my loved one, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.
16 O seu falar é muitíssimo suave; sim, ele é totalmente desejável. Tal é o meu amado, e tal o meu amigo, ó filhas de Jerusalém.

Song of Solomon 6

1 Where is your loved one gone, O most fair among women? Where is your loved one turned away, that we may go looking for him with you?
1 Para onde foi o teu amado, ó mais formosa entre as mulheres? Para onde virou a vista o teu amado, e o buscaremos contigo?
2 My loved one is gone down into his garden, to the beds of spices, to take food in the gardens, and to get lilies.
2 O meu amado desceu ao seu jardim, aos canteiros de bálsamo, para se alimentar nos jardins e para colher os lírios.
3 I am for my loved one, and my loved one is for me; he takes food among the lilies.
3 Eu sou do meu amado, e o meu amado é meu; ele se alimenta entre os lírios.
4 You are beautiful, O my love, as Tirzah, as fair as Jerusalem; you are to be feared like an army with flags.
4 Formosa és, amiga minha, como Tirza, aprazível como Jerusalém, formidável como um exército com bandeiras.
5 Let your eyes be turned away from me; see, they have overcome me; your hair is as a flock of goats which take their rest on the side of Gilead.
5 Desvia de mim os teus olhos, porque eles me perturbam. O teu cabelo é como o rebanho das cabras que pastam em Gileade.
6 Your teeth are like a flock of sheep which come up from the washing; every one has two lambs, and there is not one without young.
6 Os teus dentes são como o rebanho de ovelhas que sobem do lavadouro, e das quais todas produzem gêmeos, e não há estéril entre elas.
7 Like pomegranate fruit are the sides of your head under your veil.
7 Como um pedaço de romã, assim são as tuas faces entre as tuas tranças.
8 There are sixty queens, and eighty servant-wives, and young girls without number.
8 Sessenta são as rainhas, e oitenta, as concubinas, e as virgens, sem número.
9 My dove, my very beautiful one, is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the dearest one of her who gave her birth. The daughters saw her, and gave her a blessing; yes, the queens and the servant-wives, and they gave her praises.
9 Mas uma é a minha pomba, a minha imaculada, a única de sua mãe e a mais querida daquela que a deu à luz; vendo-a, as filhas lhe chamarão bem-aventurada, as rainhas e as concubinas a louvarão.
10 Who is she, looking down as the morning light, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, who is to be feared like an army with flags?
10 Quem é esta que aparece como a alva do dia, formosa como a lua, brilhante como o sol, formidável como um exército com bandeiras?
11 I went down into the garden of nuts to see the green plants of the valley, and to see if the vine was in bud, and the pomegranate-trees were in flower.
11 Desci ao jardim das nogueiras, para ver os novos frutos do vale, a ver se floresciam as vides, se brotavam as romeiras.
12 Before I was conscious of it, …
12 Antes de eu o sentir, me pôs a minha alma nos carros do meu povo excelente.
13 Come back, come back, O Shulammite; come back, come back, so that our eyes may see you. What will you see in the Shulammite? A sword-dance.
13 Volta, volta, ó sulamita, volta, volta, para que nós te vejamos. Por que olhas para a sulamita como para as fileiras de dois exércitos?

Song of Solomon 7

1 How beautiful are your feet in their shoes, O king’s daughter! The curves of your legs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a good workman:
1 Que formosos são os teus pés nos sapatos, ó filha do príncipe! As voltas de tuas coxas são como jóias, trabalhadas por mãos de artista.
2 Your stomach is a store of grain with lilies round it, and in the middle a round cup full of wine.
2 O teu umbigo, como uma taça redonda, a que não falta bebida; o teu ventre, como monte de trigo, cercado de lírios.
3 Your two breasts are like two young roes of the same birth.
3 Os teus dois peitos, como dois filhos gêmeos da gazela.
4 Your neck is as a tower of ivory; your eyes like the waters in Heshbon, by the doorway of Bath-rabbim; your nose is as the tower on Lebanon looking over Damascus:
4 O teu pescoço, como a torre de marfim; os teus olhos, como os viveiros de Hesbom, junto à porta de Bate-Rabim; o teu nariz, como a torre do Líbano, que olha para Damasco.
5 Your head is like Carmel, and the hair of your head is like purple, in whose net the king is prisoner.
5 A tua cabeça sobre ti é como o monte Carmelo, e os cabelos da tua cabeça, como a púrpura; o rei está preso pelas suas tranças.
6 How beautiful and how sweet you are, O love, for delight.
6 Quão formosa e quão aprazível és, ó amor em delícias!
7 You are tall like a palm-tree, and your breasts are like the fruit of the vine.
7 A tua estatura é semelhante à palmeira, e os teus peitos, aos cachos de uvas.
8 I said, Let me go up the palm-tree, and let me take its branches in my hands: your breasts will be as the fruit of the vine, and the smell of your breath like apples;
8 Dizia eu: Subirei à palmeira, pegarei em seus ramos; e, então, os teus peitos serão como os cachos na vide, e o cheiro da tua respiração, como o das maçãs.
9 And the roof of your mouth like good wine flowing down smoothly for my loved one, moving gently over my lips and my teeth.
9 E o teu paladar, como o bom vinho para o meu amado, que se bebe suavemente e faz com que falem os lábios dos que dormem.
10 I am for my loved one, and his desire is for me.
10 Eu sou do meu amado, e ele me tem afeição.
11 Come, my loved one, let us go out into the field; let us take rest among the cypress-trees.
11 Vem, ó meu amado, saiamos ao campo, passemos as noites nas aldeias.
12 Let us go out early to the vine-gardens; let us see if the vine is in bud, if it has put out its young fruit, and the pomegranate is in flower. There I will give you my love.
12 Levantemo-nos de manhã para ir às vinhas, vejamos se florescem as vides, se se abre a flor, se já brotam as romeiras; ali te darei o meu grande amor.
13 The mandrakes give out a sweet smell, and at our doors are all sorts of good fruits, new and old, which I have kept for my loved one.
13 As mandrágoras dão cheiro, e às nossas portas há toda sorte de excelentes frutos, novos e velhos; ó amado meu, eu os guardei para ti.

Song of Solomon 8

1 Oh that you were my brother, who took milk from my mother’s breasts! When I came to you in the street, I would give you kisses; yes, I would not be looked down on.
1 Ah! Quem me dera que foras meu irmão e que te tivesses amamentado aos seios de minha mãe! Quando te achasse na rua, beijar-te-ia, e não me desprezariam!
2 I would take you by the hand into my mother’s house, and she would be my teacher. I would give you drink of spiced wine, drink of the pomegranate.
2 Levar-te-ia e te introduziria na casa de minha mãe, e tu me ensinarias; e te daria a beber vinho aromático e do mosto das minhas romãs.
3 His left hand would be under my head, and his right hand about me.
3 A sua mão esquerda esteja debaixo da minha cabeça, e a sua direita me abrace.
4 I say to you, O daughters of Jerusalem, do not let love be moved till it is ready.
4 Conjuro-vos, ó filhas de Jerusalém, que não acordeis nem desperteis o meu amor, até que queira.
5 Who is this, who comes up from the waste places, resting on her loved one? It was I who made you awake under the apple-tree, where your mother gave you birth; there she was in pain at your birth.
5 Quem é esta que sobe do deserto e vem encostada tão aprazivelmente ao seu amado? Debaixo de uma macieira te despertei, ali esteve tua mãe com dores; ali esteve com dores aquela que te deu à luz.
6 Put me as a sign on your heart, as a sign on your arm; love is strong as death, and wrath bitter as the underworld: its coals are coals of fire; violent are its flames.
6 Põe-me como selo sobre o teu coração, como selo sobre o teu braço, porque o amor é forte como a morte, e duro como a sepultura o ciúme; as suas brasas são brasas de fogo, labaredas do SENHOR.
7 Much water may not put out love, or the deep waters overcome it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would be judged a price not great enough.
7 As muitas águas não poderiam apagar esse amor nem os rios afogá-lo; ainda que alguém desse toda a fazenda de sua casa por este amor, certamente a desprezariam.
8 We have a young sister, and she has no breasts; what are we to do for our sister in the day when she is given to a man?
8 Temos uma irmã pequena, que ainda não tem peitos; que faremos a esta nossa irmã, no dia em que dela se falar?
9 If she is a wall, we will make on her a strong base of silver; and if she is a door, we will let her be shut up with cedar-wood.
9 Se ela for um muro, edificaremos sobre ela um palácio de prata; e, se ela for uma porta, cercá-la-emos com tábuas de cedro.
10 I am a wall, and my breasts are like towers; then was I in his eyes as one to whom good chance had come.
10 Eu sou um muro, e os meus peitos, como as suas torres; então, eu era aos seus olhos como aquela que acha paz.
11 Solomon had a vine-garden at Baal-hamon; he let out the vine-garden to keepers; every one had to give a thousand bits of silver for its fruit.
11 Teve Salomão uma vinha em Baal-Hamom; entregou essa vinha a uns guardas; e cada um lhe trazia pelo seu fruto mil peças de prata.
12 My vine-garden, which is mine, is before me: you, O Solomon, will have the thousand, and those who keep the fruit of them two hundred.
12 A minha vinha que tenho está diante de mim; as mil peças de prata são para ti, ó Salomão, e duzentas, para os guardas do seu fruto.
13 You who have your resting-place in the gardens, the friends give ear to your voice; make me give ear to it.
13 Ó tu que habitas nos jardins, para a tua voz os companheiros atentam; faze-ma, pois, também ouvir.
14 Come quickly, my loved one, and be like a roe on the mountains of spice.
14 Vem depressa, amado meu, e faze-te semelhante ao gamo ou ao filho dos corços sobre os montes dos aromas.