Lamentações - EN/PT

Lamentations 1

1 See her seated by herself, the town which was full of people! She who was great among the nations has become like a widow! She who was a princess among the countries has come under the yoke of forced work!
1 Como se acha solitária aquela cidade dantes tão populosa! Tornou-se como viúva a que foi grande entre as nações; e princesa entre as províncias tornou-se tributária!

2 She is sorrowing bitterly in the night, and her face is wet with weeping; among all her lovers she has no comforter: all her friends have been false to her, they have become her haters.
2 Continuamente chora de noite, e as suas lágrimas correm pelas suas faces; não tem quem a console entre todos os seus amadores; todos os seus amigos se houveram aleivosamente com ela, tornaram-se seus inimigos.
3 Judah has been taken away as a prisoner because of trouble and hard work; her living-place is among the nations, there is no rest for her: all her attackers have overtaken her in a narrow place.
3 Judá passou ao cativeiro por causa da aflição e por causa da grandeza da sua servidão; habita entre as nações, não acha descanso; todos os seus perseguidores a surpreenderam nas suas angústias.
4 The ways of Zion are sad, because no one comes to the holy meeting; all her doorways are made waste, her priests are breathing out sorrow: her virgins are troubled, and it is bitter for her.
4 Os caminhos de Sião pranteiam, porque não há quem venha à reunião solene; todas as suas portas estão desoladas; os seus sacerdotes suspiram; as suas virgens estão tristes, e ela mesma tem amargura.
5 Those who are against her have become the head, everything goes well for her haters; for the Lord has sent sorrow on her because of the great number of her sins: her young children have gone away as prisoners before the attacker.
5 Os seus adversários a dominaram, os seus inimigos prosperam; porque o SENHOR a entristeceu, por causa da multidão das suas prevaricações; os seus filhinhos vão em cativeiro na frente do adversário.
6 And all her glory has gone from the daughter of Zion: her rulers have become like harts with no place for food, and they have gone in flight without strength before the attacker.
6 E da filha de Sião foi-se toda a sua glória; os seus príncipes ficaram sendo como corços que não acham pasto e caminham sem força na frente do perseguidor.
7 Jerusalem keeps in mind, in the days of her sorrow and of her wanderings, all the desired things which were hers in days gone by; when her people came into the power of her hater and she had no helper, her attackers saw their desire effected on her and made sport of her destruction.
7 Lembra-se Jerusalém, nos dias da sua aflição e das suas rebeliões, de todas as suas mais queridas coisas, que tivera dos tempos antigos; quando caía o seu povo na mão do adversário, e ela não tinha quem a socorresse, os adversários a viram e fizeram escárnio da sua queda.
8 Great is the sin of Jerusalem; for this cause she has become an unclean thing: all those who gave her honour are looking down on her, because they have seen her shame: now truly, breathing out grief, she is turned back.
8 Jerusalém gravemente pecou; por isso, se fez instável; todos os que a honravam a desprezaram, porque viram a sua nudez; ela também suspirou e voltou para trás.
9 In her skirts were her unclean ways; she gave no thought to her end; and her fall has been a wonder; she has no comforter: see her sorrow, O Lord; for the attacker is lifted up.
9 A sua imundícia está nas suas saias, nunca se lembrou do seu fim; por isso, foi pasmosamente abatida, não tem consolador. Vê, SENHOR, a minha aflição, porque o inimigo se engrandece.
10 The hand of her hater is stretched out over all her desired things; for she has seen that the nations have come into her holy place, about whom you gave orders that they were not to come into the meeting of your people.
10 Estendeu o adversário a sua mão a todas as coisas mais preciosas dela; pois viu entrar no seu santuário as nações acerca das quais mandaste que não entrassem na tua congregação.
11 Breathing out grief all her people are looking for bread; they have given their desired things for food to give them life: see, O Lord, and take note; for she has become a thing of shame.
11 Todo o seu povo anda suspirando, buscando o pão; deram as suas coisas mais preciosas a troco de mantimento para refrescarem a alma; vê, SENHOR, e contempla, pois me tornei desprezível.
12 Come to me, all you who go by! Keep your eyes on me, and see if there is any pain like the pain of my wound, which the Lord has sent on me in the day of his burning wrath.
12 Não vos comove isso, a todos vós que passais pelo caminho? Atendei e vede se há dor como a minha dor, que veio sobre mim, com que me entristeceu o SENHOR, no dia do furor da sua ira.
13 From on high he has sent fire into my bones, and it has overcome them: his net is stretched out for my feet, I am turned back by him; he has made me waste and feeble all the day.
13 Desde o alto enviou fogo a meus ossos, o qual se assenhoreou deles; estendeu uma rede aos meus pés, fez-me voltar para trás, fez-me assolada e enferma todo o dia.
14 A watch is kept on my sins; they are joined together by his hand, they have come on to my neck; he has made my strength give way: the Lord has given me up into the hands of those against whom I have no power.
14 Já o jugo das minhas prevaricações está atado pela sua mão; elas estão entretecidas, subiram sobre o meu pescoço, e ele abateu a minha força; entregou-me o Senhor na suas mãos, e eu não posso levantar-me.
15 The Lord has made sport of all my men of war in me, he has got men together against me to send destruction on my young men: the virgin daughter of Judah has been crushed like grapes under the feet of the Lord.
15 O Senhor atropelou todos os meus valentes no meio de mim; apregoou contra mim um ajuntamento, para quebrantar os meus jovens; o Senhor pisou, como em um lagar, a virgem filha de Judá.
16 For these things I am weeping; my eye is streaming with water; because the comforter who might give me new life is far from me: my children are made waste, because the hater is strong.
16 Por essas coisas, choro eu; os meus olhos, os meus olhos se desfazem em águas; porque se afastou de mim o consolador que devia restaurar a minha alma; os meus filhos estão desolados, porque prevaleceu o inimigo.
17 Zion’s hands are outstretched; she has no comforter; the Lord has given orders to the attackers of Jacob round about him: Jerusalem has become like an unclean thing among them.
17 Estende Sião as suas mãos, não há quem a console; mandou o SENHOR acerca de Jacó que fossem inimigos os que estão em redor dele; Jerusalém é para eles como uma coisa imunda.
18 The Lord is upright; for I have gone against his orders: give ear, now, all you peoples, and see my pain, my virgins and my young men have gone away as prisoners.
18 Justo é o SENHOR, pois me rebelei contra os seus mandamentos; ouvi, pois, todos os povos e vede a minha dor; as minhas virgens e os meus jovens se foram para o cativeiro.
19 I sent for my lovers, but they were false to me: my priests and my responsible men were breathing their last breath in the town, while they were looking for food to give them new life.
19 Chamei os meus amadores, mas eles me enganaram; os meus sacerdotes e os meus anciãos expiraram na cidade, enquanto buscavam para si mantimento, para refrescarem a sua alma.
20 See, O Lord, for I am in trouble; the inmost parts of my body are deeply moved; my heart is turned in me; for I have been uncontrolled: outside the children are put to the sword, and in the house there is death.
20 Olha, SENHOR, quanto estou angustiada; turbada está a minha alma, o meu coração está transtornado no meio de mim, porque gravemente me rebelei; fora, me desfilhou a espada, dentro de mim está a morte.
21 Give ear to the voice of my grief; I have no comforter; all my haters have news of my troubles, they are glad because you have done it: let the day of fate come when they will be like me.
21 Ouvem que eu suspiro, mas não tenho quem me console; todos os meus inimigos que souberam do meu mal folgam, porque tu o determinaste; mas, em trazendo tu o dia que apregoaste, serão como eu.
22 Let all their evil-doing come before you; do to them as you have done to me for all my sins: for loud is the sound of my grief, and the strength of my heart is gone.
22 Venha toda a sua iniqüidade à tua presença, e faze-lhes como me fizeste a mim por causa de todas as minhas prevaricações; porque os meus suspiros são muitos, e o meu coração está desfalecido.

Lamentations 2

1 How has the daughter of Zion been covered with a cloud by the Lord in his wrath! he has sent down from heaven to earth the glory of Israel, and has not kept in memory the resting-place of his feet in the day of his wrath.
1 Como cobriu o Senhor de nuvens, na sua ira, a filha de Sião! Derribou do céu à terra a glória de Israel e não se lembrou do escabelo de seus pés, no dia da sua ira.
2 The Lord has given up to destruction all the living-places of Jacob without pity; pulling down in his wrath the strong places of the daughter of Judah, stretching out on the earth the wounded, even her king and her rulers.
2 Devorou o Senhor todas as moradas de Jacó e não se apiedou; derribou no seu furor as fortalezas da filha de Judá e as abateu até à terra; profanou o reino e os seus príncipes.
3 In his burning wrath every horn of Israel has been cut off; his right hand has been turned back before the attacker: he has put a fire in Jacob, causing destruction round about.
3 Cortou, no furor da sua ira, toda a força de Israel; retirou para trás a sua destra de diante do inimigo; e ardeu contra Jacó, como labareda de fogo que tudo consome em redor.
4 His bow has been bent for the attack, he has taken his place with his hand ready, in his hate he has put to death all who were pleasing to the eye: on the tent of the daughter of Zion he has let loose his passion like fire.
4 Armou o seu arco como inimigo, firmou a sua destra como adversário e matou tudo o que era formoso à vista; derramou a sua indignação, como fogo na tenda da filha de Sião.
5 The Lord has become like one fighting against her, sending destruction on Israel; he has sent destruction on all her great houses, making waste his strong places: increasing the grief and the sorrow of the daughter of Judah.
5 Tornou-se o Senhor como inimigo; devorou Israel, devorou todos os seus palácios, destruiu as suas fortalezas; e multiplicou na filha de Judá a lamentação e a tristeza.
6 And he has violently taken away his tent, as from a garden; he has made waste his meeting-place: the Lord has taken away the memory of feast and Sabbath in Zion, and in the passion of his wrath he is against king and priest.
6 E arrancou a sua cabana com violência, como se fosse a de uma horta; destruiu a sua congregação; o SENHOR, em Sião, pôs em esquecimento a solenidade e o sábado e, na indignação da sua ira, rejeitou com desprezo o rei e o sacerdote.
7 The Lord has given up his altar and has been turned in hate from his holy place; he has given up into the hands of the attacker the walls of her great houses: their voices have been loud in the house of the Lord as in the day of a holy meeting.
7 Rejeitou o Senhor o seu altar, detestou o seu santuário; entregou na mão do inimigo os muros dos seus palácios; deram gritos na Casa do SENHOR, como em dia de reunião solene.
8 It is the Lord’s purpose to make waste the wall of the daughter of Zion; his line has been stretched out, he has not kept back his hand from destruction: he has sent sorrow on tower and wall, they have become feeble together.
8 Intentou o SENHOR destruir o muro da filha de Sião; estendeu o cordel, não retirou a sua mão destruidora; fez gemer o antemuro e o muro; eles estão juntamente enfraquecidos.
9 Her doors have gone down into the earth; he has sent destruction on her locks: her king and her princes are among the nations where the law is not; even her prophets have had no vision from the Lord.
9 Abateram as suas portas; ele destruiu e quebrou os seus ferrolhos; o seu rei e os seus príncipes estão entre as nações onde não há lei, nem acham visão alguma do SENHOR os seus profetas.
10 The responsible men of the daughter of Zion are seated on the earth without a word; they have put dust on their heads, they are clothed in haircloth: the heads of the virgins of Jerusalem are bent down to the earth.
10 Estão sentados na terra, silenciosos, os anciãos da filha de Sião; lançam pó sobre a sua cabeça, cingiram panos de saco; as virgens de Jerusalém abaixam a sua cabeça até à terra.
11 My eyes are wasted with weeping, the inmost parts of my body are deeply moved, my inner parts are drained out on the earth, for the destruction of the daughter of my people; because of the young children and babies at the breast who are falling without strength in the open squares of the town.
11 Já se consumiram os meus olhos com lágrimas, turbada está a minha alma, o meu coração se derramou pela terra, por causa do quebrantamento da filha do meu povo; pois desfalecem os meninos e as crianças de peito pelas ruas da cidade.
12 They say to their mothers, Where is grain and wine? when they are falling like the wounded in the open squares of the town, when their life is drained out on their mother’s breast.
12 Dizem a suas mães: Onde há trigo e vinho? Quando desfalecem como o ferido pelas ruas da cidade, derramando-se a sua alma no regaço de suas mães.
13 What example am I to give you? what comparison am I to make for you, O daughter of Jerusalem? what am I to make equal to you, so that I may give you comfort, O virgin daughter of Zion? for your destruction is great like the sea: who is able to make you well?
13 Que testemunho te trarei? A quem te compararei, ó filha de Jerusalém? A quem te assemelharei, para te consolar a ti, ó virgem filha de Sião? Porque grande como o mar é a tua ferida; quem te sarará?
14 The visions which your prophets have seen for you are false and foolish; they have not made clear to you your sin so that your fate might be changed: but they have seen for you false words, driving you away.
14 Os teus profetas viram para ti vaidade e loucura e não manifestaram a tua maldade, para afastarem o teu cativeiro; mas viram para ti cargas vãs e motivos de expulsão.
15 All who go by make a noise with their hands at you; they make hisses, shaking their heads at the daughter of Jerusalem, and saying, Is this the town which was the crown of everything beautiful, the joy of all the earth?
15 Todos os que passam pelo caminho batem palmas, assobiam e meneiam a cabeça sobre a filha de Jerusalém, dizendo: É esta a cidade que denominavam perfeita em formosura, gozo de toda a terra?
16 All your haters are opening their mouths wide against you; making hisses and whistling through their teeth, they say, We have made a meal of her: certainly this is the day we have been looking for; it has come, we have seen it.
16 Todos os teus inimigos abrem a boca contra ti, assobiam e rangem os dentes; dizem: Devoramo-la; certamente este é o dia que esperávamos; achamo-lo e vimo-lo.
17 The Lord has done that which was his purpose; he has put into force the orders which he gave in the days which are past; pulling down without pity, he has made your hater glad over you, lifting up the horn of those who were against you.
17 Fez o SENHOR o que intentou; cumpriu a sua palavra, que ordenou desde os dias da antiguidade: derribou e não se apiedou; fez que o inimigo se alegrasse por tua causa, exaltou o poder dos teus adversários.
18 Let your cry go up to the Lord: O wall of the daughter of Zion, let your weeping be flowing down like a stream day and night; give yourself no rest, let not your eyes keep back the drops of sorrow.
18 O coração deles clamou ao Senhor: Ó muralha da filha de Sião, corram as tuas lágrimas como um ribeiro, de dia e de noite; não te dês descanso, nem parem as meninas de teus olhos.
19 Up! give cries in the night, at the starting of the night-watches; let your heart be flowing out like water before the face of the Lord, lifting up your hands to him for the life of your young children who are falling down, feeble for need of food, at the top of every street.
19 Levanta-te, clama de noite no princípio das vigílias; derrama o teu coração como águas diante da face do Senhor; levanta a ele as tuas mãos, pela vida de teus filhinhos, que desfalecem de fome à entrada de todas as ruas.
20 Look! O Lord, see to whom you have done this! Are the women to take as their food the fruit of their bodies, the children who are folded in their arms? are the priest and the prophet to be put to death in the holy place of the Lord?
20 Vê, ó SENHOR, e considera a quem fizeste assim! Hão de as mulheres comer o fruto de si mesmas, as crianças que trazem nos braços? Ou matar-se-á no santuário do Senhor o sacerdote e o profeta?
21 The young men and the old are stretched on the earth in the streets; my virgins and my young men have been put to the sword: you have sent death on them in the day of your wrath, causing death without pity.
21 Jazem em terra pelas ruas o moço e o velho; as minhas virgens e os meus jovens vieram a cair à espada; tu os mataste no dia da tua ira; degolaste-os e não te apiedaste deles.
22 As in the day of a holy meeting you have made fears come round me on every side, and no one got away or was kept safe in the day of the Lord’s wrath: those who were folded in my arms, whom I took care of, have been sent to their destruction by my hater.
22 Convocaste de toda parte os meus receios, como em um dia de solenidade; não houve no dia da ira do SENHOR quem escapasse ou ficasse; aqueles que trouxe nas mãos e sustentei, o meu inimigo os consumiu.

Lamentations 3

1 I am the man who has seen trouble by the rod of his wrath.
1 Eu sou o homem que viu a aflição pela vara do seu furor.
2 By him I have been made to go in the dark where there is no light.
2 Ele me levou e me fez andar em trevas e não na luz.
3 Truly against me his hand has been turned again and again all the day.
3 Deveras se tornou contra mim; virou contra mim de contínuo, a mão todo o dia.
4 My flesh and my skin have been used up by him and my bones broken.
4 Fez envelhecer a minha carne e a minha pele, quebrantou os meus ossos.
5 He has put up a wall against me, shutting me in with bitter sorrow.
5 Edificou contra mim e me cercou de fel e trabalho.
6 He has kept me in dark places, like those who have been long dead.
6 Assentou-me em lugares tenebrosos, como os que estavam mortos há muito.
7 He has put a wall round me, so that I am not able to go out; he has made great the weight of my chain.
7 Circunvalou-me, e não posso sair; agravou os meus grilhões.
8 Even when I send up a cry for help, he keeps my prayer shut out.
8 Ainda quando clamo e grito, ele exclui a minha oração.
9 He has put up a wall of cut stones about my ways, he has made my roads twisted.
9 Circunvalou os meus caminhos com pedras lavradas, fez tortuosas as minhas veredas.
10 He is like a bear waiting for me, like a lion in secret places.
10 Fez-me como urso de emboscada, um leão em esconderijos.
11 By him my ways have been turned on one side and I have been pulled in bits; he has made me waste.
11 Desviou os meus caminhos e fez-me em pedaços; deixou-me assolado.
12 With his bow bent, he has made me the mark for his arrows.
12 Armou o seu arco, e me pôs como alvo à flecha.
13 He has let loose his arrows into the inmost parts of my body.
13 Fez entrar nos meus rins as flechas da sua aljava.
14 I have become the sport of all the peoples; I am their song all the day.
14 Fui feito um objeto de escárnio para todo o meu povo e a sua canção todo o dia.
15 He has made my life nothing but pain, he has given me the bitter root in full measure.
15 Fartou-me de amarguras, saciou-me de absinto.
16 By him my teeth have been broken with crushed stones, and I am bent low in the dust.
16 Quebrou com pedrinhas de areia os meus dentes; cobriu-me de cinza.
17 My soul is sent far away from peace, I have no more memory of good.
17 E afastaste da paz a minha alma; esqueci-me do bem.
18 And I said, My strength is cut off, and my hope from the Lord.
18 Então, disse eu: Já pereceu a minha força, como também a minha esperança no SENHOR.
19 Keep in mind my trouble and my wandering, the bitter root and the poison.
19 Lembra-te da minha aflição e do meu pranto, do absinto e do fel.
20 My soul still keeps the memory of them; and is bent down in me.
20 Minha alma, certamente, se lembra e se abate dentro de mim.
21 This I keep in mind, and because of this I have hope.
21 Disso me recordarei no meu coração; por isso, tenho esperança.
22 It is through the Lord’s love that we have not come to destruction, because his mercies have no limit.
22 As misericórdias do SENHOR são a causa de não sermos consumidos; porque as suas misericórdias não têm fim.
23 They are new every morning; great is your good faith.
23 Novas são cada manhã; grande é a tua fidelidade.
24 I said to myself, The Lord is my heritage; and because of this I will have hope in him.
24 A minha porção é o SENHOR, diz a minha alma; portanto, esperarei nele.
25 The Lord is good to those who are waiting for him, to the soul which is looking for him.
25 Bom é o SENHOR para os que se atêm a ele, para a alma que o busca.
26 It is good to go on hoping and quietly waiting for the salvation of the Lord.
26 Bom é ter esperança e aguardar em silêncio a salvação do SENHOR.
27 It is good for a man to undergo the yoke when he is young.
27 Bom é para o homem suportar o jugo na sua mocidade;
28 Let him be seated by himself, saying nothing, because he has put it on him.
28 assentar-se solitário e ficar em silêncio; porquanto Deus o pôs sobre ele.
29 Let him put his mouth in the dust, if by chance there may be hope.
29 Ponha a boca no pó; talvez assim haja esperança.
30 Let his face be turned to him who gives him blows; let him be full of shame.
30 Dê a face ao que o fere; farte-se de afronta.
31 For the Lord does not give a man up for ever.
31 Porque o Senhor não rejeitará para sempre.
32 For though he sends grief, still he will have pity in the full measure of his love.
32 Pois, ainda que entristeça a alguém, usará de compaixão segundo a grandeza das suas misericórdias.
33 For he has no pleasure in troubling and causing grief to the children of men.
33 Porque não aflige nem entristece de bom grado os filhos dos homens.
34 In a man’s crushing under his feet all the prisoners of the earth,
34 Pisar debaixo dos pés todos os presos da terra,
35 In his turning away the right of a man before the face of the Most High.
35 perverter o direito do homem perante a face do Altíssimo,
36 In his doing wrong to a man in his cause, the Lord has no pleasure.
36 subverter o homem no seu pleito, não o veria o Senhor?
37 Who is able to say a thing, and give effect to it, if it has not been ordered by the Lord?
37 Quem é aquele que diz, e assim acontece, quando o Senhor o não mande?
38 Do not evil and good come from the mouth of the Most High?
38 Porventura da boca do Altíssimo não sai o mal e o bem?
39 What protest may a living man make, even a man about the punishment of his sin?
39 De que se queixa, pois, o homem vivente? Queixe-se cada um dos seus pecados.
40 Let us make search and put our ways to the test, turning again to the Lord;
40 Esquadrinhemos os nossos caminhos, experimentemo-los e voltemos para o SENHOR.
41 Lifting up our hearts with our hands to God in the heavens.
41 Levantemos o coração juntamente com as mãos para Deus nos céus, dizendo:
42 We have done wrong and gone against your law; we have not had your forgiveness.
42 Nós prevaricamos e fomos rebeldes; por isso, tu não perdoaste.
43 Covering yourself with wrath you have gone after us, cutting us off without pity;
43 Cobriste-nos de ira e nos perseguiste; mataste, não perdoaste.
44 Covering yourself with a cloud, so that prayer may not get through.
44 Cobriste-te de nuvens, para que não passe a nossa oração.
45 You have made us like waste and that for which there is no use, among the peoples.
45 Como cisco e rejeitamento, nos puseste no meio dos povos.
46 The mouths of all our haters are open wide against us.
46 Todos os nossos inimigos abriram contra nós a sua boca.
47 Fear and deep waters have come on us, wasting and destruction.
47 Temor e cova vieram sobre nós, assolação e quebrantamento.
48 Rivers of water are running down from my eyes, for the destruction of the daughter of my people.
48 Torrentes de águas derramaram os meus olhos, por causa da destruição da filha do meu povo.
49 My eyes are streaming without stopping, they have no rest,
49 Os meus olhos choram e não cessam, porque não há descanso,
50 Till the Lord’s eye is turned on me, till he sees my trouble from heaven.
50 até que o SENHOR atente e veja desde os céus.
51 The Lord is unkind to my soul, more than all the daughters of my town.
51 O meu olho move a minha alma, por causa de todas as filhas da minha cidade.
52 They who are against me without cause have gone hard after me as if I was a bird;
52 Como ave, me caçaram os que são meus inimigos sem causa.
53 They have put an end to my life in the prison, stoning me with stones.
53 Arrancaram a minha vida na cova e lançaram pedras sobre mim.
54 Waters were flowing over my head; I said, I am cut off.
54 Águas correram sobre a minha cabeça; eu disse: Estou cortado.
55 I was making prayer to your name, O Lord, out of the lowest prison.
55 Invoquei o teu nome, SENHOR, desde a mais profunda cova.
56 My voice came to you; let not your ear be shut to my breathing, to my cry.
56 Ouviste a minha voz; não escondas o teu ouvido ao meu suspiro, ao meu clamor.
57 You came near in the day when I made my prayer to you: you said, Have no fear.
57 Tu te aproximaste no dia em que te invoquei; disseste: Não temas.
58 O Lord, you have taken up the cause of my soul, you have made my life safe.
58 Pleiteaste, Senhor, os pleitos da minha alma, remiste a minha vida.
59 O Lord, you have seen my wrong; be judge in my cause.
59 Viste, SENHOR, a injustiça que me fizeram; julga a minha causa.
60 You have seen all the evil rewards they have sent on me, and all their designs against me.
60 Viste toda a sua vingança, todos os seus pensamentos contra mim.
61 Their bitter words have come to your ears, O Lord, and all their designs against me;
61 Ouviste as suas afrontas, SENHOR, todos os seus pensamentos contra mim;
62 The lips of those who came up against me, and their thoughts against me all the day.
62 os lábios dos que se levantam contra mim e as suas imaginações contra mim todo o dia.
63 Take note of them when they are seated, and when they get up; I am their song.
63 Observa-os ao se assentarem e ao se levantarem; eu sou a sua canção.
64 You will give them their reward, O Lord, answering to the work of their hands.
64 Tu lhes darás a recompensa, SENHOR, conforme a obra das suas mãos.
65 You will let their hearts be covered over with your curse on them.
65 Tu lhes darás ânsia de coração, maldição tua sobre eles.
66 You will go after them in wrath, and put an end to them from under the heavens of the Lord.
66 Na tua ira, os perseguirás, e eles serão desfeitos debaixo dos céus do SENHOR.

Lamentations 4

1 How dark has the gold become! how changed the best gold! the stones of the holy place are dropping out at the top of every street.
1 Como se escureceu o ouro! Como se mudou o ouro fino e bom! Como estão espalhadas as pedras do santuário ao canto de todas as ruas!
2 The valued sons of Zion, whose price was the best gold, are looked on as vessels of earth, the work of the hands of the potter!
2 Os preciosos filhos de Sião, comparáveis a puro ouro, como são, agora, reputados por vasos de barro, obra das mãos do oleiro!
3 Even the beasts of the waste land have full breasts, they give milk to their young ones: the daughter of my people has become cruel like the ostriches in the waste land.
3 Até os chacais abaixam o peito, dão de mamar aos seus filhos; mas a filha do meu povo tornou-se cruel como os avestruzes no deserto.
4 The tongue of the child at the breast is fixed to the roof of his mouth for need of drink: the young children are crying out for bread, and no man gives it to them.
4 A língua do que mama fica pegada pela sede ao seu paladar; os meninos pedem pão, e ninguém lho dá.
5 Those who were used to feasting on delicate food are wasted in the streets: those who as children were dressed in purple are stretched out on the dust.
5 Os que comiam iguarias delicadas desfalecem nas ruas; os que se criaram em carmesim abraçam o esterco.
6 For the punishment of the daughter of my people is greater than the punishment of Sodom, which was overturned suddenly without any hand falling on her.
6 Porque maior é a maldade da filha do meu povo do que o pecado de Sodoma, a qual se subverteu como em um momento, sem que trabalhassem nela mãos algumas.
7 Her holy ones were cleaner than snow, they were whiter than milk, their bodies were redder than corals, their form was as the sapphire:
7 Os seus nazireus eram mais alvos do que a neve, eram mais brancos do que o leite, eram mais roxos de corpo do que os rubins, mais polidos do que a safira.
8 Their face is blacker than night; in the streets no one has knowledge of them: their skin is hanging on their bones, they are dry, they have become like wood.
8 Mas, agora, escureceu-se o seu parecer mais do que o negrume, não se conhecem nas ruas; a sua pele se lhes pegou aos ossos, secou-se, tornou-se como um pedaço de pau.
9 Those who have been put to the sword are better off than those whose death is caused by need of food; for these come to death slowly, burned up like the fruit of the field.
9 Os mortos à espada mais ditosos são do que os mortos à fome; porque estes se esgotam como traspassados, por falta dos frutos dos campos.
10 The hands of kind-hearted women have been boiling their children; they were their food in the destruction of the daughter of my people.
10 As mãos das mulheres piedosas cozeram seus próprios filhos; serviram-lhes de alimento na destruição da filha do meu povo.
11 The Lord has given full effect to his passion, he has let loose his burning wrath; he has made a fire in Zion, causing the destruction of its bases.
11 Deu o SENHOR cumprimento ao seu furor; derramou o ardor da sua ira e acendeu fogo em Sião, que consumiu os seus fundamentos.
12 To the kings of the earth and to all the people of the world it did not seem possible that the attackers and the haters would go into the doors of Jerusalem.
12 Não creram os reis da terra, nem todos os moradores do mundo, que entrasse o adversário e o inimigo pelas portas de Jerusalém.
13 It is because of the sins of her prophets and the evil-doing of her priests, by whom the blood of the upright has been drained out in her.
13 Foi por causa dos pecados dos profetas, das maldades dos seus sacerdotes, que derramaram o sangue dos justos no meio dela.
14 They are wandering like blind men in the streets, they are made unclean with blood, so that their robes may not be touched by men.
14 Erram como cegos nas ruas, andam contaminados de sangue; de tal sorte que ninguém pode tocar nas suas roupas.
15 Away! unclean! they were crying out to them, Away! away! let there be no touching: when they went away in flight and wandering, men said among the nations, There is no further resting-place for them.
15 Desviai-vos, bradavam eles. Imundo! Desviai-vos, desviai-vos, não toqueis; quando fugiram e erraram, disseram entre as nações: Nunca mais morarão aqui.
16 The face of the Lord has sent them in all directions; he will no longer take care of them: they had no respect for the priests, they gave no honour to the old men.
16 A ira do SENHOR os dividiu; ele nunca mais tornará a olhar para eles; não reverenciaram a face dos sacerdotes, nem se compadeceram dos velhos.
17 Our eyes are still wasting away in looking for our false help: we have been watching for a nation unable to give salvation.
17 Os nossos olhos desfaleciam, esperando vão socorro; olhávamos atentamente para gente que não pode livrar.
18 They go after our steps so that we may not go in our streets: our end is near, our days are numbered; for our end has come.
18 Espiaram os nossos passos, de maneira que não podíamos andar pelas nossas ruas; está chegando o nosso fim, estão cumpridos os nossos dias, porque é vindo o nosso fim.
19 Those who went after us were quicker than the eagles of the heaven, driving us before them on the mountains, waiting secretly for us in the waste land.
19 Os nossos perseguidores foram mais ligeiros do que as aves dos céus; sobre os montes nos perseguiram, no deserto nos armaram ciladas.
20 Our breath of life, he on whom the holy oil was put, was taken in their holes; of whom we said, Under his shade we will be living among the nations.
20 O respiro das nossas narinas, o ungido do SENHOR, foi preso nas suas covas; dele dizíamos: Debaixo da sua sombra viveremos entre as nações.
21 Have joy and be glad, O daughter of Edom, living in the land of Uz: the cup will be given to you in your turn, and you will be overcome with wine and your shame will be seen.
21 Regozija-te e alegra-te, ó filha de Edom, que habitas na terra de Uz; o cálice chegará também para ti; embebedar-te-ás e te descobrirás.
22 The punishment of your evil-doing is complete, O daughter of Zion; never again will he take you away as a prisoner: he will give you the reward of your evil-doing, O daughter of Edom; he will let your sin be uncovered.
22 O castigo da tua maldade está consumado, ó filha de Sião; ele nunca mais te levará para o cativeiro; ele visitará a tua maldade, ó filha de Edom, descobrirá os teus pecados.

Lamentations 5

1 Keep in mind, O Lord, what has come to us: take note and see our shame.
1 Lembra-te, SENHOR, do que nos tem sucedido; considera e olha para o nosso opróbrio.
2 Our heritage is given up to men of strange lands, our houses to those who are not our countrymen.
2 A nossa herdade passou a estranhos, e as nossas casas, a forasteiros.
3 We are children without fathers, our mothers are like widows.
3 Órfãos somos sem pai, nossas mães são como viúvas.
4 We give money for a drink of water, we get our wood for a price.
4 A nossa água por dinheiro a bebemos, por preço vem a nossa lenha.
5 Our attackers are on our necks: overcome with weariness, we have no rest.
5 Os nossos perseguidores estão sobre os nossos pescoços; estamos cansados e não temos descanso.
6 We have given our hands to the Egyptians and to the Assyrians so that we might have enough bread.
6 Aos egípcios estendemos as mãos, e aos assírios, para nos fartarem de pão.
7 Our fathers were sinners and are dead; and the weight of their evil-doing is on us.
7 Nossos pais pecaram e já não existem; nós levamos as suas maldades.
8 Servants are ruling over us, and there is no one to make us free from their hands.
8 Servos dominam sobre nós; ninguém há que nos arranque da sua mão.
9 We put our lives in danger to get our bread, because of the sword of the waste land.
9 Com perigo de nossas vidas, trazemos o nosso pão, por causa da espada do deserto.
10 Our skin is heated like an oven because of our burning heat from need of food.
10 Nossa pele se enegreceu como um forno, por causa do ardor da fome.
11 They took by force the women in Zion, the virgins in the towns of Judah.
11 Forçaram as mulheres em Sião; as virgens, nas cidades de Judá.
12 Their hands put princes to death by hanging: the faces of old men were not honoured.
12 Os príncipes foram enforcados pelas mãos deles; as faces dos velhos não foram reverenciadas.
13 The young men were crushing the grain, and the boys were falling under the wood.
13 Aos jovens obrigam a moer, e os moços tropeçaram debaixo da lenha.
14 The old men are no longer seated in the doorway, and the music of the young men has come to an end.
14 Os velhos já não têm assento à porta, os jovens já não cantam.
15 The joy of our hearts is ended; our dancing is changed into sorrow.
15 Cessou o gozo de nosso coração, converteu-se em lamentação a nossa dança.
16 The crown has been taken from our head: sorrow is ours, for we are sinners.
16 Caiu a coroa da nossa cabeça; ai de nós, porque pecamos.
17 Because of this our hearts are feeble; for these things our eyes are dark;
17 Por isso, desmaiou o nosso coração; por isso, se escureceram os nossos olhos.
18 Because of the mountain of Zion which is a waste; jackals go over it.
18 Pelo monte de Sião, que está assolado, andam as raposas.
19 You, O Lord, are seated as King for ever; the seat of your power is eternal.
19 Tu, SENHOR, permaneces eternamente, e o teu trono, de geração em geração.
20 Why have we gone from your memory for ever? why have you been turned away from us for so long?
20 Por que te esquecerias de nós para sempre? Por que nos desampararias por tanto tempo?
21 Make us come back to you, O Lord, and let us be turned; make our days new again as in the past.
21 Converte-nos, SENHOR, a ti, e nós nos converteremos; renova os nossos dias como dantes.
22 But you have quite given us up; you are full of wrath against us.
22 Por que nos rejeitarias totalmente? Por que te enfurecerias contra nós em tão grande maneira?